Let’s have some fun here. It’s May 1, 2012. You are Stan Kaston and you have just taken over as the new decision-maker for the Los Angeles Dodgers. You have 100% absolute control over all personnel decisions both on and off the field and what you say goes – period. What would your first FIVE (and only five) decisions be in priority order?
Here are my Top-5:
1. Sign Clayton Kershaw to a long-term contract extension.
2. Sign Andre Ethier to a long-term contract extension.
3. Fire Ned Colletti and appoint Kim Ng as the new Dodger GM.
4. Designate Juan Uribe for assignment and make Jerry Hairston Jr. the everyday third baseman. (Ok, I admit it – this was almost number one).
5. Designate Todd Coffey for assignment and call up Scott Rice.
Have fun but remember, you can only list five.