Although it looked as though the Dodgers 2014 season opener against the Arizona Diamondbacks at the famed Sydney Cricket Ground in Australia might be postponed due to rain, the game went off without a hitch.
Here is a quick (and sleepy) ‘look’ at the game:
- Yasiel Puig looked just like he did in spring training – completely lost at the plate.
- Justin Turner looked like a utility bench player whose error prevented Kershaw from going 7 innings.
- Hanley Ramirez looked like he might have injured his left hamstring on a ground out – but stayed in the game.
- Adrian Gonzalez looked funny running out a dropped third strike and making it! (because of the HUGE foul territory behind home plate).
- Scott Van Slyke looked like the 2013 version of Yasiel Puig – 2 for 3 with a double, home run, walk, 2 runs scored and 2 RBIs.
- Juan Uribe looked like the 2011 & 2012 version of Juan Uribe – horrible.
- Andre Ethier looked great at the plate – no hits but a couple of great at bats.
- A.J. Ellis looked like he still has a great eye at the plate – 0 for 2 but he drew a walk.
- Clayton Kershaw looked like the defending Cy Young Award winner – 1 run on 5 hits with a walk and 7 strikeouts in 6.2 innings pitched. Still worried about his poor spring training numbers?
- Chris Perez looked good in his Dodger debut – although he faced only one batter.
- Brian Wilson looked absolutely filthy!
- Kenley Jansen looked like Mariano Rivera – what more can you say.
- Alex Guerrero looked like he might actually get his first MLB at bat – but didn’t (Mattingly being Mattingly – unnecessary switches).
- Vin Scully looked (and sounded) like God himself.
Off to bed as the sun begins to rise.